The importance of taking a family vacation cannot be understated. It’s a time to be together away from work, school, and daily tasks that reduce the ability to have mindful interactions. After all, hardworking people don’t start families to run from playdates to soccer practice. Family is far more about being together in a meaningful way.
Summer break alleviates much of the hustle and bustle of school-related schedules. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a relaxing family vacation as a unit. Whether you are on a fixed family budget or ready to splurge, a Labor Day getaway puts an exclamation point on the end of summer.
These rank among the eight best family resorts in Arizona.
- El Conquistador in Tucson - Located in the picturesque lowlands of the Santa Catalina Mountains, this Hilton resort includes more than 400 suite and casitas, five outdoor swimming pools, and an impressive 143-foot water slide that will thrill young and old alike. Amenities such as hiking trails, WiFi, on-site restaurants, hot springs, and a waterfall infused cold pool are only matched by the fantastic views. The El Conquistador offers a special Family Fun Package that can reduce the cost.
- Arizona Grand Resort - This Phoenix resort offers 2- and 3-bedroom suites as well as full villas for families to enjoy a home away from home vacation. Its six restaurants offer unique menus, and the 7-acre Oasis Park features a 10,000-square-foot wave pool, three water slides, and private cabanas for your clan to gather. The Travel Channel reportedly ranked it as one of the Top 10 Water Parks in the country. Families can save a little money by prepaying at least two weeks in advance.
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess - While many Arizona resorts tend to up the ante on outdoor water facilities, the folks at the Fairmont think outside the box in terms of family-friendly activities. The accommodations, lagoon-style pools, and waterslides are thoughtfully laid out. But the resort also offers specific kids programs, activities, and childcare. The Fairmont offers family packages that include perks and discounts.
- Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa - The Westin La Paloma goes all-in on child-friendly activities that are engaging for a wide range of ages. The Westin Family Kids Club holds everything from scavenger hunts to dance parties to “dive-in movies” by the pool for the entire family. Adult time can be spent on the Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course, or luxurious spa, among others. Family packages are available for this Tucson getaway that generally include a discounted second room for the kids.
- Yavapai Lodge - Located inside the Grand Canyon National Park, the Yavapai Lodge is a spaciously laid out resort with a Market Plaza that separates two complexes. The resort offers families a wonderful opportunity to conveniently experience the Grand Canyon and the ability to comfortably retreat back to the amenities. There are pet-friendly options and kennels. In terms of a Labor Day getaway, the Yavapai Lodge leans more toward unplugged, outdoor adventure such as hiking and river adventures than pure lounging. This excursion may fit neatly into even a modest, fixed family budget.
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North - This resort franchise has a reputation for being family-friendly, and the Troon North location outside Scottsdale ranks among the best. Surrounded by a high desert landscape, the casita-style rooms are appropriately modern and in the Southwestern style. Families can bond while hiking Pinnacle Peak or roasting marshmallows around the fire at night. The Four Seasons facility also offers upscale suites with personal heated pools on their patios and a Very Important Kids package.
- Enchantment Resort - Set in an inspiring Sedona canyon, the Enchantment Resort delivers specialized activities for children through its Camp Coyote program. Along with the daily camp, families are treated to upwards of 100 weekly activities ranging from nature walks to outdoor yoga. Your clan can also relax poolside. The Sedona resort offers in-state rates and Complimentary Fourth Night packages, among others.
- Arizona Biltmore: A Waldorf Astoria Resort - This Phoenix resort includes eight luxurious swimming pools, an exciting 92-foot water slide, and a children’s camp and playground on the 39-acre grounds. Families can relax in spaces that include suites, and villas with full kitchens. Along with being pet-friendly, the facility houses a spa, five restaurants, hot tubs, and tennis courts, among other options. The essential idea here may be “leisure time with the family” if you select this Labor Day getaway.
We hope you find this best family resorts in Arizona list helpful in choosing your next vacation. Regardless of whether you splurge or stay within a budget, family time will always be priceless.
This article is intended to be a general resource only and is not intended to be nor does it constitute legal advice. Any recommendations are based on opinion only.