Fall is an exciting time to be in Phoenix! Not only is the weather near perfect, but there are so many fun things to do in Phoenix - there is truly something for everyone! From festivals for foodies to fairs for the whole family, be sure to take check out these fun and affordable weekend festivities in Phoenix this fall.
Fun Things to do in Phoenix, Arizona
- Downtown Phoenix Oktoberfest – September 28, 2019 –The Downtown Phoenix Oktoberfest offers festival-goers a variety of German beers and food, a Bavarian dance floor, Oktoberfest competitions and more.
- Phoenix Famtastical Festival – September 28, 2019 - Formerly known as the Phoenix Children’s Festival, the Phoenix Famtastical Festival is a family-friendly event that lets fans meet PJ Masks, everyone’s favorite mystery-solving heroes as they take the main stage. Join the celebration!
- Arizona State Fair - October 4 - October 27, 2019 – For over a century, the Arizona State Fair has been inviting guests to enjoy a wonderland of amusement right in their own backyard. Fun for the whole family!
- The 10th Annual Arizona Taco Festival - October 12, 2019 – Enjoy two days of $2 tacos from locally owned businesses at the Arizona Taco Festival. Fifty teams take on the challenge as fans sample t heir creations and vote for their favorite! Enjoy live music, food, Lucha Libre Wrestling, a Hot Chili Pepper Eating Contest, and a Chihuahua Beauty Pageant!
- Spooktacular Hot Air Balloon Festival – October 25 and 26, 2019 - Held in Scottsdale each year, the Spooktacular Hot Air Balloon Festival offers over 20 hot air balloons on display, over 4,000 pounds of candy for trick-or-treaters, live music, food and beverages, a free Kid Zone , tethered balloon rides, a haunted spooky trail, fireworks and more!
- Arizona Fall Fest - November 2, 2019 - This Arizona Fall Fest is a free family and pet-friendly celebration of everything Arizona! Eat from Arizona’s best restaurants, taste the state’s best beer and wines, and shop with 200+ local vendors with live entertainment, cultural groups, a Kid Zone, and more!
- Phoenix Pizza Festival 2019 – November 16, 2019 – Enjoy the Phoenix Pizza Festival, where festival-goers can purchase slices of pizza from some of the best local pizza makers. Events include bars with craft beer and wine, live music, lawn games, a Kid Zone with pizza-making crafts and more!
- Arizona Wingfest – November 23, 2019 – Enjoy Arizona Wingfest, a celebration of chicken wings, beer and music! See local chefs battle for the best wings in Arizona. Be sure to take part in Arizona’s premier chicken wing eating contest and other fun, delicious events.
- Grapes on the Grotto Wine Festival – December 6 – December 8, 2019 – Wine lovers can enjoy a weekend of events and award-winning wines along with culinary delights at Grapes on the Grotto Wine Festival. This popular holiday festival features 12 wineries and over 50 vendors. There will be live music all day.
- First Friday in December – December 6, 2019 - On the first Friday evening of each month, the Heard Museum brings music, demonstrations, food, activities and drinks to the museum. The event is free and open to the public.
There is no shortage of excitement in Phoenix! Whether you are looking for date night activities, family-friendly fun or an exciting and unique adventure – there are always fun things to do in Phoenix.
The team at Deer Valley Credit Union wishes you a happy fall full of amazing weekends and exciting adventures!
This article is intended to be a general resource only and is not intended to be nor does it constitute legal advice. Any recommendations are based on opinion only.